Wolfer’s Heating & Air Conditioning was started by Edwin Wolfer in 1901, located in Anita, Iowa, only 100 miles from the Lennox factory. After getting married, Edwin moved the business to the state of Oregon in 1915. Wolfer’s is proud to now be one of Woodburn’s oldest businesses, and the second oldest Lennox Dealership in the United States.
At that time the company did gas lights, sheet metal work, plumbing and heating. After world war two, Edwin’s son Harold went into business with his father. Harold and his Wife Lucille bought the business in 1946 and ran it until they retired in 1990.
His son-in-law, Greg Lundeen continues to work for the company as a Sales Representative, along with owners John and Karen Christin, who purchased the company in 2009.
Wolfer’s has seen a great deal of change in the heating and air conditioning field. Central heating was rare when the company was started. They saw the area go from coal and sawdust burners, to oil heat, to gas and heat pumps. The company started installing air conditioners and heat pumps in the mid 1960s. Their first heat pump was installed at the ArrowHead Golf Club.
The company now specializes in installation and repair of heating and cooling systems, indoor air quality systems and sheet metal fabrication. We service both residential and commercial customers.